This resource was closed (updates suspended) on Thursday 30 April 2020.
- DO Obada, LS Kuburi, M Dauda, S Umaru, D Dodoo-Arhin, MB Balogun, I Iliyasu and MJ Iorpenda, Effect of variation in frequencies on the viscoelastic properties of coir and coconut husk powder reinforced polymer composites, Journal of King Saud University - Engineering Sciences, February 2020, 32(2), 148-157.
- J Naveen, M Jawaid, ES Zainudin, MdTH Sultan, R Yahaya and MS Abdul Majid, Thermal degradation and viscoelastic properties of Kevlar/Cocos nucifera sheath reinforced epoxy hybrid composites, Composite Structures, 1 July 2019, 219, 194-202.
- G Purushotham and KL Yathin, Study of mechanical behavior for tamarind shell powder and coconut coir fiber epoxy composite for aerospace application, International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development (IJTSRD), November-December 2018, 3(1), 941-949.
- LÁ Oliveira, JC Santos, TH Panzera, RTS Freire, LMG Vieira and F Scarpa, Evaluation of hybrid-short-coir-fibre-reinforced composites via full factorial design, Composite Structures, 15 October 2018, 202, 313-323.
- DU Shah, B Sharm and MH Ramage, Processing bamboo for structural composites: influence of preservative treatments on surface and interface properties, International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives, October 2018, 85, 15-22.
- P Valášek, R D'Amato, M Müller and A Ruggiero, Mechanical properties and abrasive wear of white/brown coir epoxy composites, Composites Part B: Engineering, 1 August 2018, 146, 88-97.
- J Muthu, J Priscilla, A Odeshi and N Kuppen, Characterisation of coir fibre hybrid composites reinforced with clay particles and glass spheres, Journal of Composite Materials, 2018, 52(5), 593-607.
- J Madhukiran, T Venkateswara Rao, S Madhusudan and R Umamaheswara Rao, Evaluation of the mechanical properties on sisal-coir hybrid natural fiber composites, International Journal Of Engineering Research And Development (IJERD), September 2017, 13(9), 43-49.
- L Yan, N Chouw, L Huang and B Kasal, Effect of alkali treatment on microstructure and mechanical properties of coir fibres, coir fibre reinforced-polymer composites and reinforced-cementitious composites, Construction and Building Materials, 1 June 2016, 112, 168-182.
- L Yan, S Su and N Chouw, Microstructure, flexural properties and durability of coir fibre reinforced concrete beams externally strengthened with flax FRP composites, Composites Part B: Engineering, October 2015, 80, 343–354.
- P Pradeep and J Edwin Raja Dhas, Evaluation of mechanical property on palm/coir polymer matrix composites, Advances in Materials Science and Engineering (MSEJ), September 2015, 2(3), 9-16.
- N Rajini, JT Winowlin Jappes, B Suresha, S Rajakarunakaran, I Siva and N Azhagesan, Effect of organically modified montmorillonite clay on wear behavior of naturally woven coconut sheath/polyester composite, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology, 2014, 228(5), 483-497.
- Y Dong, A Ghataura, H Takagi, HJ Haroosh, AN Nakagaito and K-T Lau, Polylactic acid (PLA) biocomposites reinforced with coir fibres: evaluation of mechanical performance and multifunctional properties, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, August 2014, 63, 76-84.
- ÖA Çakir, M Sarikanat, HB Tüfekçi, C Demirci and ÜH Erdoğan, Physical and mechanical properties of randomly oriented coir fiber-cementitious composites, Composites Part B: Engineering, May 2014, 61, 49-54.
- R Narendar and K Priya Dasan, Chemical treatments of coir pith: morphology, chemical composition, thermal & water retention behavior, Composites Part B: Engineering, January 2014, 56, 770-779.
- LQN Tran, CA Fuentes, C Dupont-Gillain, AW van Vuure and I Verpoest, Understanding the interfacial compatibility and adhesion of natural coir fibre thermoplastic composites, Composites Science and Technology, 17 May 2013, 80, 23-30.
- EM Fernandes, VM Correlo, JF Mano and RL Reis, Novel cork-polymer composites reinforced with short natural coconut fibres: effect of fibre loading and coupling agent addition, Composites Science and Technology, 1 April 2013, 78, 56-62.
- FZ Arrakhiz, M Malha, R Bouhfid, K Benmoussa and A Qaiss, Tensile, flexural and torsional properties of chemically treated alfa, coir and bagasse reinforced polypropylene, Composites Part B: Engineering, April 2013, 47, 35-41.
- P Muensri, T Kunanopparat, P Menut and S Siriwattanayotin, Effect of lignin removal on the properties of coconut coir fiber/wheat gluten biocomposite, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, February 2011, 42(2), 173-179.
- N Defoirdt, S Biswas, L de Vriese, LQN Tran, J van Acker, Q Ahsan, L Gorbatikh, A van Vuure and I Verpoest, Assessment of the tensile properties of coir, bamboo and jute fibre, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, May 2010, 41(5), 588-595.
- MF Rosa, B-S Chiou, ES Medeiros, DF Wood, LHC Mattoso, WJ Orts and SH Imam, Biodegradable composites based on starch/EVOH/glycerol blends and coconut fibers, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 15 January 2009, 111(2), 612-618.
- MH Ishizaki, LLY Visconte, CRG Furtado, MG De Oliveira and JL Leblanc, Characterization of green coconut fiber composites, International Journal of Polymer Analysis and Characterization, September-October 2008, 13(5), 319-330
- D Setyawati, YS Hadi, MY Massijaya and N Nugroho, Utilization of coir and recycled polypropylene for bamboo matting layer composite, Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 2008, 484, 23-34.
- SN Monteiroa, LAH Terronesa and JRM D’Almeidab, Mechanical performance of coir fiber/polyester composites, Polymer Testing, August 2008, 27(5), 591-595.
- J Maity, C Jacob, CK Das, S Alam and RP Singh, Direct fluorination of UHMWPE fiber and preparation of fluorinated and non-fluorinated fiber composites with LDPE matrix, Polymer Testing, August 2008, 27(5), 581-590.
- R Iovino, R Zullo, MA Rao, L Cassar and L Gianfreda, Biodegradation of poly(lactic acid)/starch/coir biocomposites under controlled composting conditions, Polymer Degradation and Stability, January 2008, 93(1), 147-157.
- M Mizanur Rahman and Mubarak A Khan, Surface treatment of coir (Cocos nucifera) fibers and its influence on the fibers’ physico-mechanical properties, Composites Science and Technology, September 2007, 67(11-12), 2369-2376.
- VG Geethamma, G Kalaprasad, Gabriël Groeninckx and Sabu Thomas, Dynamic mechanical behavior of short coir fiber reinforced natural rubber composites, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, November 2005, 36(11), 1499-1506.
- JL Leblanc, Investigating non-linear viscoelastic behaviour of PVC-green coconut fibres composites through Fourier transform rheometry, Plastics, Rubber and Composites, 2005, 34(10), 425-437.
- VG Geethamma and S Thomas, Diffusion of water and artificial seawater through coir fiber reinforced natural rubber composites, Polymer Composites, April 2005, 26(2), 137-43.
- VG Geethamma, LA Pothen, B Rhao et al., Tensile stress relaxation of short-coir-fiber-reinforced natural rubber composites, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 5 October 2004, 94(1), 96-104.
- P Wambua, J Ivens and I Verpoest, Natural fibres: can they replace glass in fibre reinforced plastics?, Composite Science and Technology, July 2003, 63(9), 1259-1264.
- J Rout, M Misra, SS Tripathy, SK Nayak and AK Mohanty, The influence of fibre treatment on the performance of coir-polyester composites, Composites Science and Technology, July 2001, 61(9), 1303-1310.
- KP Sheebha, S Sobha, SL Paul et al., Studies on the potential of Coir reinforced structures, J Sci Ind Res India, January 2000, 59(1), 55-62.
- LK Aggarwal, Studies on cement-bonded coir fibre boards, Cement and Concrete Composites, 1992, 14(1), 63-69.
- HS Ramaswamy, BM Ahuja and S Krishnamoorthy, Behaviour of concrete reinforced with jute, coir and bamboo fibres, International Journal of Cement Composites and Lightweight Concrete, February 1983, 5(1), 3-13.
Return to MATS 347 home page
Created by John Summerscales on 04 January 2006 and updated on
30-Apr-2020 15:06. Terms and conditions. Errors and omissions. Corrections.