This resource was closed (updates suspended) on Thursday 30 April 2020.
- Y Wu, L Cai, C Mei, SS Lam, C Sonne, SQ Shi, CXia, Development and evaluation of zinc oxide-blended kenaf fiber biocomposite for automotive applications, Materials Today: Communications, September 2020, 24, 101008.
- NA Mohd Radzuan, D Tholibon, AB Sulong, N Muhamad and CHC Haron, New processing technique for biodegradable kenaf composites: a simple alternative to commercial automotive parts
, Composites Part B: Engineering, 1 March 2020, 184, 107644
- MdS Salim, D Ariawan, MdFA Rasyid, RM Taib, MdZA Thirmizir and ZAMd Ishak, Accelerated weathering and water absorption behavior of kenaf fiber reinforced acrylic based polyester composites, Frontiers in Materials, 11 February 2020.
- Z Belfkira, H Mounir and A El Marjani, New investigation of mechanical properties of a horizontal axis wind turbine blade based on a hybrid composites with kenaf fibers, SN Applied Sciences, February 2020, 2, 233.
- R Ntenga, S Saïdjo, T Beda and A Béakou, Estimation of the effects of the cross-head speed and temperature on the mechanical strength of kenaf bast fibers using Weibull and Monte-Carlo statistics, Fibers, 11 October 2019, 7(10), 89.
- SS Chee, Md Jawaid, MTH Sultan, OY Alothman and LC Abdullah, Accelerated weathering and soil burial effects on colour, biodegradability and thermal properties of bamboo/kenaf/epoxy hybrid composites, Polymer Testing, October 2019, 79, 106054.
- SS Chee, M Jawaid, MTH Sultan, OY Alothman and LC Abdullah, Thermomechanical and dynamic mechanical properties of bamboo/woven kenaf mat reinforced epoxy hybrid composites, Composites Part B: Engineering, 15 April 2019, 163, 165-174.
- SAHA Seman, R Ahmad and HMd Akil, Meso-scale modelling and failure analysis of kenaf fiber reinforced composites under high strain rate compression loading, Composites Part B: Engineering, 15 April 2019, 163, 403-412.
- H Yaghoobi and A Fereidoon, Preparation and characterization of short kenaf fiber-based biocomposites reinforced with multi-walled carbon nanotubes, Composites Part B: Engineering, 1 April 2019, 162, 314-322.
- VR Arun Prakash and R Viswanthan, Fabrication and characterization of echinoidea spike particles and kenaf natural fibre-reinforced Azadirachta-Indica blended epoxy multi-hybrid bio composite, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, March 2019, 118, 317-326.
- FA Sabaruddin, PMd Tahir and SH Lee, Mechanical properties of PP/kenaf core nanocomposites made from nanocrystalline cellulose as an additive, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, 2019, 38(2), 88-95.
- BP Chang, WH Chan, MdH Zamri, HMd Akil and HG Chuah, Investigating the effects of operational factors on wear properties of heat-treated pultruded kenaf fiber-reinforced polyester composites using Taguchi method, Journal of Natural Fibers, 2019, 16(5), 702-717.
- HA Aisyah, MT Paridah, A Khalina, SM Sapuan, MS Wahab, OB Berkalp, CH Lee and SH Lee, Effects of fabric counts and weave designs on the properties of laminated woven kenaf/carbon fibre reinforced epoxy hybrid composites, MDPI Polymers, November 2018, 10(12), 1320.
- F Hashemi, L Brancheriau, PMd Tahir, Hybridization and yarns configuration effects on flexural dynamic and static properties of pultruded hybrid kenaf/glass fiber composites, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, September 2018, 112, 415-422.
- K Rajendran and N Venkatesan, Experimental investigation on tensile and flexural properties of kenaf/pineapple hybrid fiber composites, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology (IJRET), September 2018, 7(9), 155-160.
- M Alkateb, SM Sapuan, Z Leman, MR Ishak and Md Jawaid, Vertex angles effects in the energy absorption of axially crushed kenaf fibre-epoxy reinforced elliptical composite cones, Defence Technology, August 2018, 14(4), 327-335.
- G Dharmalingam, V Kumar and A Sengolerayan, Mechanical behaviour of treated and untreated sisal-kenaf composite materials, International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development (IJMPERD), June 2018, 8(3), 39-50.
- AP Kumar and MN Mohamed, A comparative analysis on tensile strength of dry and moisture absorbed hybrid kenaf/glass polymer composites, Journal of Indistrial Textiles, 2018, 47(8), 2050-2073.
- MJ Taufiq, MR Mansora and Z Mustafa, Characterisation of wood plastic composite manufactured from kenaf fibre reinforced recycled-unused plastic blend, Composite Structures, 1 April 2018, 189, 510-515.
- A Subasinghe, AA Somashekar and D Bhattacharyya, Effects of wool fibre and other additives on the flammability and mechanical performance of polypropylene/kenaf composites, Composites Part B: Engineering, 1 March 2018, 136, 168-176.
- Q Wang, J Jones, N Lu, R Johnson, H Ning and S Pillay, Development and characterization of high-performance kenaf fiber–HDPE composites, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, 2018, 37(3), 191-200.
- M Asim, M Jawaid, K Abdan, MR Ishak and OY Alothman, Effect of hybridization on the mechanical properties of pineapple leaf fiber/kenaf phenolic hybrid composites, Journal of Renewable Materials, 30 January 2018, 6(1), 38-46.
- M Asim, M Jawaid, K Abdan and MR Ishak, Effect of pineapple leaf fibre and kenaf fibre treatment on mechanical performance of phenolic hybrid composites, Fibers and Polymers, May 2017, 18(5), 940-947.
- R Kumar, SAR Hashmi, S Nimanpure and A Naik, Enhanced dynamic mechanical properties of kenaf epoxy composites, Advanced Materials Proceedings, 2017, 2(11), 749-757.
- L Joyyi, MdZA Thirmizir, MdS Salim, L Han, P Murugan, K-i Kasuya, FHJ Maurer, MdIZainal Arifin and K Sudesh, Composite properties and biodegradation of biologically recovered P(3HB-co-3HHx) reinforced with short kenaf fibers, Polymer Degradation and Stability, March 2017, 137, 100–108.
- K Venkata Krishna and K Kanny, The effect of treatment on kenaf fiber using green approach and their reinforced epoxy composites, Composites Part B: Engineering, 1 November 2016, 104, 111-117.
- MH Zamri, MR Osman, HM Akil, MHA Shahidan and ZA Mohd Ishak, Development of green pultruded composites using kenaf fibre: influence of linear mass density on weathering performance, Journal of Cleaner Production, 1 July 2016, 125, 320-330.
- S-M Lai, Y-H Kao, Y-K Liu and F-C Chiu, Preparation and properties of luffa fiber- and kenaf fiber-filled poly(butylene succinate-co-lactate)/starch blend-based biocomposites, Polymer Testing, April 2016, 50, 191-199.
- MJ Sharba, Z Leman, MdTH Sultan, MdR Ishak and MdA Azmah Hanim, Effects of kenaf fiber orientation on mechanical properties and fatigue life of glass/kenaf hybrid composites, BioResources, 2016, 11(1), 1448-1465.
- MJ Sharba, Z Leman, MdTH Sultan, MdR Ishak and MdA Azmah Hanim, Partial replacement of glass fiber by woven kenaf in hybrid composites and its effect on Mmnotonic and fatigue properties, BioResources, 2016, 11(1), 2665-2683.
- SD Salman, Z Leman, MdTH Sultan, MdR Ishak and F Cardona, The effects of orientation on the mechanical and morphological properties of woven kenaf-reinforced poly vinyl butyral film, Bioresources, 2016, 11(1), 1176-1188.
- SD Salman, Z Leman, MdTH Sultan, MdR Ishak and F Cardona, Kenaf/synthetic and Kevlar®/cellulosic fiber-reinforced hybrid composites: a review, BioResources, 2015, 10(4), 8580-8603.
- J-M Park, J-Y Choi, Z-J Wang, D-J Kwon, P-S Shin, S-O Moon and KL DeVries, Comparison of mechanical and interfacial properties of kenaf fiber before and after rice-washed water treatment, Composites Part B: Engineering, 15 December 2015, 83, 21-26.
- S-T Bee, LT Sin, CT Ratnam, RRD Kavee-Raaz, T-T Tee, D Hui and AR Rahmat, Electron beam irradiation enhanced of Hibiscus cannabinus fiber strengthen polylactic acid composites, Composites Part B: Engineering, 15 September 2015, 79, 35-46.
- C Xia, SQ Shi and L Cai, Vacuum-assisted resin infusion (VARI) and hot pressing for CaCO3 nanoparticle treated kenaf fiber reinforced composites, Composites Part B: Engineering, 1 September 2015, 78, 138-143.
- Z Ding, SQ Shi, H Zhang and L Cai, Electromagnetic shielding properties of iron oxide impregnated kenaf bast fiberboard, Composites Part B: Engineering, 1 September 2015, 78, 266-271.
- IA Samotu, D-A Bashar, DO Obada and B Reuben, A preliminary study on the effect of reinforcing polyesters with kenaf and sisal fibres on their mechanical properties, The West Indian Journal of Engineering, July 2015, 38(1), 33-40.
- A Hao, L Yuan and JY Chen, Notch effects and crack propagation analysis on kenaf/polypropylene nonwoven composites, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, June 2015, 73, 11-19.
- HR Saliu, US Ishiaku, MK Yakubu, EG Kolawole, SS Adefila, MB Abu Bakar and ZA Moh’d Ishak, The effect of epoxy concentration and fibre loading on the mechanical properties of ABS/epoxy-coated kenaf fibre composites, Open Journal of Composite Materials, April 2015, 5(2), 41-48.
- C Pang, RA Shanks and F Daver, Characterization of kenaf fiber composites prepared with tributyl citrate plasticized cellulose acetate, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, March 2015, 70, 52-58.
- R Yahaya, SM Sapuan, M Jawaid, Z Leman and ES Zainudin, Effect of layering sequence and chemical treatment on the mechanical properties of woven kenaf–aramid hybrid laminated composites, Materials and Design, 15 February 2015, 67, 173-179.
- Md Ershad Ali, CK Yong, YC Ching, CH Chuah and N-S Liou, Effect of single and double stage chemically treated kenaf fibers on mechanical properties of polyvinylalcohol film, BioResources, 2015, 10(1), 822-838.
- R Saliu, US Ishiaku, MK Yakubu, EG Kolawole, SS Adefila, MB Abu Bakar and ZA Md Ishak, Effect of high temperature curative and moulding temperatures on tensile and thermal properties of engineering thermoplastic ABS/modified kenaf fibre (KF) composites, IOSR Journal of Polymer and Textile Engineering (IOSR-JPTE), January-February 2015, 2(1), 19-26.
- V Fiore, G Di Bella and A Valenza, The effect of alkaline treatment on mechanical properties of kenaf fibers and their epoxy composites, Composites Part B: Engineering, January 2015, 68, 14-21.
- R Yahaya, SM Sapuan, M Jawaid, Z Leman and ES Zainudin, Mechanical performance of woven kenaf-Kevlar hybrid composites, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, 2014, 33(24), 2242-2254.
- A Subasinghe and D Bhattacharyya, Performance of different intumescent ammonium polyphosphate flame retardants in PP/kenaf fibre composites, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, October 2014, 65, 91-99.
- R Mahjoub, JMd Yatim, ARMd Sam, M Raftari, Characteristics of continuous unidirectional kenaf fiber reinforced epoxy composites, Materials and Design, September 2014, 64, 640-649.
- N Bakar, CY Chee, LC Abdullah, CT Ratnam and N Azowa, Effect of methyl methacrylate grafted kenaf on mechanical properties of polyvinyl chloride/ethylene vinyl acetate composites, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, August 2014, 63, 10-20.
- N Sallih, P Lescher and D Bhattacharyya, Factorial study of material and process parameters on the mechanical properties of extruded kenaf fibre/polypropylene composite sheets, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, June 2014, 61, 91-107.
- A Hamma, M Kaci, ZA Mohd Ishak and A Pegoretti, Starch-grafted-polypropylene/kenaf fibres composites. Part 1: Mechanical performances and viscoelastic behaviour, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, January 2014, 56, 328-335.
- A Atiqah, MA Maleque, M Jawaid and M Iqbal, Development of kenaf-glass reinforced unsaturated polyester hybrid composite for structural applications, Composites Part B: Engineering, January 2014, 56, 68-73.
- H-J Kwon, J Sunthornvarabhas, J-W Park, J-H Lee, H-J Kim, K Piyachomkwan, K Sriroth and D Cho, Tensile properties of kenaf fiber and corn husk flour reinforced poly(lactic acid) hybrid bio-composites: Role of aspect ratio of natural fibers, Composites Part B: Engineering, January 2014, 56, 232-237.
- B Yang, M Nar, DK Visi, M Allen, B Ayre, CL Webber, H Lu and NA D’Souza, Effects of chemical versus enzymatic processing of kenaf fibers on poly(hydroxybutyrate-co-valerate)/poly(butylene adipate-co-terephthalate) composite properties, Composites Part B: Engineering, , January 2014, 56, 926-933.
- ZN Azwa and BF Yousif, Characteristics of kenaf fibre/epoxy composites subjected to thermal degradation, Polymer Degradation and Stability, December 2013, 98(12), 2752-2759.
- A Hao, H Zhao and JY Chen, Kenaf/polypropylene nonwoven composites: the influence of manufacturing conditions on mechanical, thermal and acoustical performance,
Composites Part B: Engineering, November 2013, 54, 44-51.
- Y Nitta, K Goda, J Noda and W-Il Lee, Cross-sectional area evaluation and tensile properties of alkali-treated kenaf fibres, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, June 2013, 49, 132-138.
- Z Dashtizadeh, A Ali, K Abdan and Md Behmanesh, The use of infrared thermography in detecting the defects in kenaf-poly urethane composites, Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering, 2012, 51(11), 1155-1162.
- OML Asumani, RG Reid and R Paskaramoorthy,
The effects of alkali–silane treatment on the tensile and flexural properties of short fibre non-woven kenaf reinforced polypropylene composites, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, September 2012, 43(9), 1431-1440.
- SO Han, M Karevan, MdA Bhuiyan, JH Park and K Kalaitzidou, Effect of exfoliated graphite nanoplatelets on the mechanical and viscoelastic properties of
poly(lactic acid) biocomposites reinforced with kenaf fibers, Journal of Materials Science, 2012, 47(8), 3535-3543.
- EA Osman, A Vakhguelt, I Sbarski and SA Mutasher,
Kenaf/recycled jute natural fibers unsaturated polyester composites: water absorption/dimensional stability and mechanical properties, International Journal of Computational Materials Science and Engineering, March 2012, 1(1), 1250010 (17 Pages).
- TH Mokhothu, BR Guduri and AS Luyt, Kenaf fiber-reinforced copolyester biocomposites, Polymer Composites, 2011, 32(12), 2001-2009.
- MA Abu Bakar, SHj Ahmad and W Kuntjoro, Effects of LENR addition on mechanical properties of kenaf fibre reinforced epoxy composites, International Journal of Plastics Technology, June 2011, 15(1), pp 33–42.
- H Anuar and A Zuraida,
Improvement in mechanical properties of reinforced thermoplastic elastomer composite with kenaf bast fibre, Composites Part B: Engineering, April 2011, 42(3), 462-465.
- R Moriana, F Vilaplana, S Karlsson and A Ribes-Greus, Improved thermo-mechanical properties by the addition of natural fibres in
starch-based sustainable biocomposites, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, January 2011, 42(1), 30-40.
- AAMd Mazuki, HMd Akil, S Safiee, ZAMd Ishak, A Abu Bakar,
Degradation of dynamic mechanical properties of pultruded kenaf fiber reinforced composites after immersion in various solutions,
Composites Part B: Engineering, January 2011, 42(1), 71-76.
- S Rassmann, RG Reid and R Paskaramoorthy,
Effects of processing conditions on the mechanical and water absorption properties of resin transfer moulded kenaf fibre reinforced polyester composite laminates, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, November 2010, 41(11), 1612-1619.
- M Jonoobi, J Harun, AP Mathew and K Oksman, Mechanical properties of cellulose nanofiber (CNF) reinforced polylactic acid (PLA)
prepared by twin screw extrusion, Composites Science and Technology, 31 October 2010, 70(12), 1742-1747.
- AAA Rashdi, SM Sapuan, MMHM Ahmad and A Khalina, The effects of weathering on mechanical properties of kenaf unsaturated polyester composites (KFUPC), Polymers and Polymer Composites, 2010, 18(6), 275-282.
- RM Taib, S Ramarad, ZA Ishak and M Todo,
Properties of kenaf fiber/polylactic acid biocomposites plasticized with polyethylene glycol, Polymer Composites, 2010, 31(7), 1213-1222.
- B Tajeddin and LC Abdulah, Thermal properties of high density polyethylene-Kenaf cellulose composites, Polymers and Polymer Composites, 2010, 18(5), 195-200.
- MA Abu Bakar, S Ahmad and W Kuntjoro, The mechanical properties of treated and untreated kenaf fibre reinforced epoxy composite, Journal of Biobased Materials and Bioenergy, June 2010, 4(2), 159–163.
- T Dobreva, JM Perena, E Perez, R Benavente and M Garcia, Crystallization behavior of poly(L-lactic acid)-based ecocomposites prepared with kenaf fiber and rice
straw, Polymer Composites, 2010, 31(6), 974-984.
- S Lee, SQ Shi, LH Groom and Y Xue, Properties of unidirectional kenaf fiber-polyolefin laminates, Polymer Composites, 2010, 31(6), 1067-1074.
- S Kuciel and A Liber-Knec,
Biocomposites on the base of thermoplastic starch filled with wood and kenaf fiber, Journal of Bio-Based Materials and BioEnergy, September 2009, 3(3), 269-274.
B-H Lee, H-S Kim, S Lee, H-J Kim and JR Dorgan, Bio-composites of kenaf fibers in polylactide: role of improved interfacial adhesion in the
carding process Composites Science and Technology, December 2009, 69(15-16), 2573-2579.
- Y Xu, S Kawata, K Hosoi, T Kawai and S Kuroda, Thermomechanical properties of the silanized-kenaf/polystyrene composites, eXPRESS Polymer Letters, 3(10), 657-664.
- N Graupner, AS Herrmann and Jörg Müssig,
Natural and man-made cellulose fibre-reinforced poly(lactic acid) (PLA) composites: an overview about mechanical characteristics and application areas,
Composites A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, July 2009, 40(6-7), 810-821.
- L Medina, R Schledjewski and AK Schlarb,
Process related mechanical properties of press molded natural fiber reinforced polymers,
Composites Science and Technology, July 2009,
- G aju, MM Said and MA Ahmad,
Properties of kenaf fibre reinforced natural rubber composites, Journal of Rubber Research, 4th Quarter 2008, 11(4), 187-195.
- WL Lai, M Mariatti and JS Mohamad,
The properties of woven kenaf and betel palm (Areca
catechu) reinforced unsaturated polyester composites, Polymer Plastics Technology and Engineering, October-December 2008, 47(10-12), 1193-1199.
- Yibin Xue, Yicheng Du, Steve Elder, Kunpeng Wang and Jilei Zhang,
Temperature and loading rate effects on tensile properties of kenaf bast fiber bundles and composites, Composites Part B: Engineering, April 2009, 40(3),
- V Srebrenkoska, GB Gaceva, M Avella, ME Errico and G Gentile,
Recycling of polypropylene-based eco-composites, Polymer International, November 2008, 57(11), 1252-1257.
- N Sgriccia, MC Hawley and M Misra,
Characterization of natural fiber surfaces and natural fiber composites, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, October 2008, 39(10), 1632-1637.
- Yong Cao, Yi-Qiang Wu and Koichi Goda, Development and application of composites reinforced with kenaf, Polymer Materials Science and Engineering, July 2008, 24(7), 11-15.
- H Anuar, WNW Busu, SH Ahmad and R Rasid,
Reinforced thermoplastic natural rubber hybrid composites with Hibiscus Cannabinus L and short glass fiber, Part 1: Processing parameters and tensile properties,
Journal of Composite Materials, June 2008, 42(11), 1075-1087.
- M Avella, G Bogoeva-Gaceva, A Buzarovska, ME Errico, G Gentile and A Grozdanov,
Poly(lactic acid)-based biocomposites reinforced with kenaf fibers, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 15 June 2008, 108(6), 3542-3551.
- Young Hee Han, Seong Ok Han, Donghwan Cho and Hyung-Il Kim, Dynamic mechanical properties of natural fiber/polymer biocomposites: the effect of fiber treatment with electron beam, Macromolecular Research, April 2008, 16(3), 253-260.
- L Medina and R Schledjewski, Natural-fibre thermoset composite prepregs, JEC Composites March-April 2008, (39), 46-47.
- I Ghasemi, H Azizi and N Naeimian,
Rheological behaviour of polypropylene/flax fibre/wood flour hybrid composite, Iranian Polymer Journal, March 2008, 17(3), 191-198.
- S Shibata, Y Cao and I Fukumoto, Flexural modulus of the unidirectional and random composites made from biodegradable resin and bamboo and kenaf fibres, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, April 2008, 39(4), 640-646.
- MS Huda, LT Drzal, AK Mohanty and M Misra,
Effect of fiber surface-treatments on the properties of laminated biocomposites from poly(lactic acid) (PLA) and kenaf fibers, Composites Science and Technology, February 2008, 68(2), 424-432.
- A Buzarovska, G Bogoeva-Gaceva, A Grozdanov, M Avella, G Gentile and M Errico,
Crystallization behavior of poly(hydroxybytyrate-co-valerate) in model and bulk PHBV/kenaf fiber composites, Journal of Materials Science, August 2007, 42(16), 6501-6509.
- Takashi Nishino, Koichi Hirao and Masaru Kotera,
diffraction studies on stress transfer of kenaf reinforced poly(l-lactic acid)
composite, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, December 2006, 37(12), 2269-2273.
- M Zampaloni, F Pourboghrat, SA Yankovich, BN Rodgers, J Moore, LT Drzal, AK Mohanty and M Misra,
Kenaf natural fiber reinforced polypropylene composites: A discussion on
manufacturing problems and solutions, Composites Part A: Applied Science
and Manufacturing, June 2007, 38(6), 1569-1580.
- S Shibata, Y Cao, I Fukumoto, Lightweight laminate composites made from kenaf and polypropylene fibres, Polymer Testing, 2006, 25(2), 142-148.
- SH Aziz and MP Ansell,
The effect of
alkalization and fibre alignment on the mechanical and thermal properties of
kenaf and hemp bast fibre composites: part 2 – cashew nut shell liquid matrix,
Composites Science and Technology, July 2004, 64(9), 1231-1238.
- SH Aziz and MP Ansell,
The effect of
alkalization and fibre alignment on the mechanical and thermal properties of
kenaf and hemp bast fibre composites: Part 1 – polyester resin matrix,
Composites Science and Technology, July 2004, 64(9), 1219-1230.
- Takashi Nishino, Koichi Hirao, Masaru Kotera, Katsuhiko Nakamae and
Kenaf reinforced biodegradable composite, Composites Science and
Technology, July 2003, 63(9), 1281-1286.
- Daniel E Kugler,
Kenaf commercialisation: 1986-1995 (in Progress in New Crops, 1996),
- T Sellers, GD Miller, MJ Fuller, JG Broder and RR. Loper,
Lignocellulosic-Based Composites Made of Core From Kenaf, An Annual Agricultural Crop,
International Union of Forestry Research Organizations, 1996.
- Charles S Taylor,
Kenaf: an emerging new crop industry, 1993 (in New Crops, 1993).
- PPJ LeMahieu, ES Oplinger and DH Putnam,
Alternative Field Crops Manual: Kenaf, April 1991.
Return to MATS 347 home page
Created by John Summerscales on 04 January 2006 and updated on
30-Apr-2020 15:03. Terms and conditions. Errors and omissions. Corrections.